A Change of Name by Pennfana
Summary: Just another day at the Ministry of Magic...
Categories: Humour Characters: Original Character
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 249 Read: 1270 Published: 03/21/2007 Updated: 03/21/2007

1. A Change of Name by Pennfana

A Change of Name by Pennfana
The Ministry official looked curiously at the man sitting across from him. Not knowing what else to do, he shuffled his papers.

“Well, sir, you must certainly admit that this name change request is somewhat bizarre.”

The man glowered. “For my entire life I’ve been hounded by you Ministry bureaucrats just because I happen to be named ‘Tom Riddle’. Even after Harry Potter killed him, I nearly got sent to Azkaban for it!”

“Well, it’s hardly our fault that your parents gave you that name. Why do you think that changing your name to ‘Tom Maroon Volt Riddle’ will help?”

*****

Riddle sighed impatiently. “The ‘other’ Tom Riddle was well known for his convenient middle name, which let him form it into the words ‘I AM LORD VOLDEMORT’. Now do you understand?”

The Ministry official wrote it down on some spare paper and flicked his wand, rearranging the letters several times before they turned into something which made sense.

“I MET MAD LORD NOLVROOT?” he asked, raising an eyebrow and fighting a sudden—and very foreign—impulse to giggle.

Riddle jumped up from his seat, hands fisted. “No, you idiot!” he shouted. “It’s supposed to say, ‘I AM NOT LORD VOLDEMORT!”

*****



A/N:
I have no idea where this idea came from. The name “Mad Lord Nolvroot” was semi-intentional, though; it’s a reference to “Mad Lord Snapcase”, a former Patrician of Ankh-Morpork in Terry Pratchett’s “Discworld” books.
This story archived at http://lumos.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=2837