That Night by Andrian
Summary: That night the war ended something explosive began
Categories: Wolfsbane Characters: Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin
Genres: Drabble, Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 709 Read: 473 Published: 09/30/2008 Updated: 09/30/2008

1. Chapter 1 by Andrian

Chapter 1 by Andrian
Remus looked at the swirling mob of people in the hallway of Grimmauld place in amusement. Fred and George Weasley had provided the fireworks and flashes of light exploded everywhere, showing dancing couples and often snogging ones. Finally he reached the front entrance where the noise was more deafening from the shrieks and wails of Mrs. Black. Not even her insults could dampen the mood of the partiers. Voldemort was defeated and his regime was over. It was a time of celebration.

His hand was on the doorknob when he felt a light touch on his shoulder. He turned and looked into the dark brown eyes of Hermione. “You aren’t leaving are you?” she asked quietly.

Remus blushed slightly as he stared at the girl. ‘Correction,’ he thought, ‘young woman.’ She had turned seventeen six months ago. “Yes. I think some quiet is in order,” he said with a small laugh.

She nodded. “Mind if I join you?”

Remus’ color deepened as he held open the door for her. If only he could quit thinking of that silly game…

It was during the Christmas break and the Weasley clan along with Harry, Hermione and Tonks had stayed over that night. Molly and Arthur had retired leaving the brood to entertain themselves. It was no surprise that George and Fred had opted for a game of Truth or Dare. Remus sat in a corner going over some paperwork, listening and smiling at their antics. A bottle of Firewhiskey had appeared and the game became more randy. Remus had been the brunt of several dares including having Ron sit in his lap and declare his undying passion. Still, it was nice that everyone could relax during this dark time.

His ears had perked up when after Hermione’s disclosure earlier in a Truth answer that she was still a virgin when Fred had asked her, ‘Alright then, who in this room would you consider sleeping with your first time?’

The boys had snickered and everyone had looked at Ron. He and Hermione had dated the year before though they had broken it off. “I would only consider one man in this room worthy,” she said. “Remus.”

The room filled with silence a moment before the table broke out laughing and hooting. Remus had been so shocked he had looked up quickly to see Hermione looking at him with a small smile.

“Way to go Lupin,” George had laughed.

Several rounds later Hermione had once again taken Truth.

“So Hermione,” Ginny said, “when do you and Remus plan on doing the deed?”

Remus felt the heat rise in his cheeks but kept his eyes on the paper trying to ignore the comments.

“The day the war is over,” Hermione said swiftly.

“What about you Remus?” Tonks asked laughing. “Is that a good time for you?”

Not looking up he said causally. “That will be fine. Meet you then.” Everyone laughed long and hard…

As they walked down the dark street, the cool spring air refreshing after the stuffiness of the house, Remus couldn’t help but think about that game. He knew it was all in fun and Hermione had picked him because he was the safest choice. Even after a dare had her coming over and kissing him on the cheek, he had tried to keep her out of his thoughts.

‘Foolish old man,’ he chided himself as he felt her hand on his arm.

“A knut for you thought,” Hermione said softly as they stood in front of Grimmauld Place once more.

“I am so glad that this night has finally arrived,” he said sincerely, glad that the bloodshed was over.

“Me too. But I am also glad for another reason.”

“Yes, I agree. It will be nice to get back to the normal routine of things” Remus teased looking at her.

“That’s true however I was thinking of a agreement we made at Christmas,” she said shyly.

Remus’ felt his breath catch. “Hermione, I…we…were only teasing.”

She looked at him, her brown eyes shining. “I wasn’t.” Moving closer she stood on her toes and pressed her mouth against his. Shocked, it took him a moment to recover. Soon he was kissing her back passionately.
This story archived at http://lumos.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=4421