A/N: This is my first attempt ever at writing Fleur. Also, my French is a little rusty. Please pardon me if I've stumbled on a few tenses. - Merci Jackie for helping with my French.


Chapter 7: Fleur





Fleur Delacour looked proudly at the young man by her side. He was a handsome redhead with a long ponytail and a dragon fang earring hanging from his left lobe. He wore a plain white t-shirt under a black leather jacket. The blue jeans he had on were well worn and faded though the dragon-hide boots on his feet were polished to a perfect shine. He realized she was looking at him and turned to smile.

She nodded as they approached the large house where her family lived. Opening the door, they stepped through into a large foyer with a bright marble floor. "'Allo!" she called out. Her greeting echoed through the hall.

"Fleur!" A young girl ran and jumped into her arms. "Je suis très contente que tu sois ici!"

"Moi aussi, Gabrielle!" She hugged her little sister tightly. "Tu te souviens de Bill?"

"Mais oui!" She stepped in front of Bill and curtsied. "Bonjour, Monsieur Weasley."

"Bonjour, Gabrielle," Bill replied, smiling broadly as he bowed to the young girl. She giggled and looked at her sister.

"Where are Mama and Papa?" Fleur asked.

"In ze sitting room, waiting for you." Gabrielle grabbed their hands in hers and pulled them down the hall.

The sitting room was large and luxurious. There were several chairs and couches and the walls were lined with shelves and shelves of books. "Là voilà ma fille," Mr. Delacour said the moment he saw Fleur. He stood and moved to hug her tightly, kissing each cheek. "And this is Bill Weasley, non?"

"Oui, Papa. Bill, this iz mon père, my father." She pulled Bill up beside her, a huge grin on her face.

"Bonjour, Monsieur Delacour," Bill said properly, holding out his hand.

A grin began to tug at the corner of the older man's mouth. He grabbed Bill in a hug. "Welcome to my home, Bill. We are very happy you are here." His English was much better than his daughter's was.

Bill was flabbergasted by the man's enthusiasm. "Um, thank you, Sir. I'm happy to be here as well."

"Is no one going to introduce me?" Fleur's mother looked from around a wing-backed chair.

"Maman!" Fleur pulled her up from the chair and put her face to face with Bill. "Bill, this is ma mère, my mother."

Mrs. Delacour examined him closely. Long hair, yet clean. An earring, however it looks as if it is a dragon's tooth. His brother does work with dragons. Ah, dragon hide boots, of course. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Bill."

"The pleasure is all mine, Madame Delacour." He bowed to her and kissed her hand. Fleur was beaming with pride.

She cut her eyes towards her daughter and nodded almost imperceptibly. Yes, he was accepted. Gabrielle pulled on Fleur's sleeve. "May I show Bill around ze house?"

"That would be a wonderful idea," her mother said.

Bill smiled and took Gabrielle's hand. "And I certainly would enjoy that." He looked at Fleur and winked. "I shall return."

Fleur watched dreamily as he left with her sister. After they were gone, her parents chuckled, pulling her from her reverie. "What?"

"You, my dear, are smitten. It is written all over your face." Her mother wrapped her in a hug, smiling broadly.

"Non, you must be wrong. I just theenk 'e is a nice man." She tried desperately to back out of the idea her mother had just put forward.

"And he is." She steered her daughter to the chair in which she had been sitting. "It is perfectly normal, ma fille. The beauty you inherited from your Grandmaman attracts many men, yet you have found a priceless gem amongst the stones. You must tell me all about him."

They sat and talked about all that Fleur had been doing the past few months. They laughed at the silly things that had happened, yet her mother was shocked by what had happened in the Wizarding world. They were still discussing things when Gabrielle and Bill returned.

Gabrielle ran up to her sister all excited. "Fleur! Bill 'az invited me to come see you in London. 'E wishes to introduce me to 'iz family. And 'e may take me to see ze dragons!"

Fleur's eyes widened as her sister spoke. She looked up at Bill in shock. He certainly knew how to impress a little girl. "Do you mean this?" she asked curiously.

Bill nodded. "Of course. You and Gabrielle can stay at The Burrow with Mum and Dad. Mum'll love it! She always likes having someone to dote on."

Gabrielle clasped her hands together and looked pleadingly at her parents. "Can we go Mama? Please, Papa? 'Ogwarts was such fun!"

"Well," her father said sternly, yet his eyes gave away his mirth. "When would this be?" He looked at Bill with a raised eyebrow.

"I was thinking perhaps in February. I know Gabrielle will be in school, but perhaps she will only have to take a day or two off." He slid his arm around Fleur's waist. "That is if it is okay with both of you."

Mrs. Delacour looked from her daughters to her husband and the young man who had captured her daughter's heart. Her husband was trying hard to act like an ogre. He would fail, as always. His daughters knew exactly how to manipulate him. But then again, so did she. "I believe that will be fine. It is so kind of you to invite my girls to visit with your family. I will be sure to send something special for your mother."

He smiled. "She will appreciate that very much, Madame. Merci."

"You are welcome. Now, I believe dinner should be about ready. Go get cleaned up and we will talk more during dinner." She smiled and looked at the arm around her daughter. Yes, they were going to be a wonderful couple.

They wandered up the stairs to their rooms. As they parted, Fleur looked happily at Bill. "Thank you," she said.

"For what?"

"For inviting Gabrielle to visit. For dealing wit' my father and mother. For just being you." She kissed him firmly on the lips.

Bill had a giddy smile as they parted. "Hey, if I get that every time I do something simple, I'm going to have you around more often." He leaned towards her and kissed her softly before turning around and walking towards his room.

Fleur leaned against her door and sighed. He really was the most wonderful man she had ever known. Her mother was right. She loved him.




--------------------------



Fleur smiled in her sleep. "Merci, mon mari. Je t'aime."

Bill rolled over towards her, having heard her words. "Je t'aime aussi." He kissed her softly and curled up behind her.