Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all related characters are property of J.K. Rowling.

Thanks to miepje for being my beta.



Another Christmas at home at the Burrow, another Christmas alone. He watched the girl he was head over heels in love with lightly touching his brother's chest, kissing him under the mistletoe that Fred and George put in the doorway of the kitchen. Jealousy didn't explain it exactly. Anger would be a better term. It should be him that Hermione was kissing, not Charlie. She should be marrying him and living in a nice flat in London, having his children.

From the moment they started spending more and more time together after Hermione's graduation he had suspected something was going on. He should have known when she began to spend more and more time in Romania on the reserve than she did at the Ministry where she worked with him and Harry. Being busy after work when his brother was in the country on vacation. The two of them suddenly disappearing during family gatherings, returning looking disheveled and satisfied. It all made sense now.

Percy clamped his hand on the glass of firewhisky so tightly he was surprised it hadn't broken. "I should have taken my chance. If only I could make you mine, Hermione Granger."

He jumped when a hand clamped down on his shoulder. "What are you mumbling about?" Ron cocked his head to the side in curiosity.

Percy shook his head. "Nothing."